Saturday, May 4, 2013

Finding Interest: 86% Completed

I made a post about being bored, literally, ten minutes ago. I thought since I talked about the reasons of getting bored, I should offer some more non-scientific insight to you. This time about how we as humans entertain ourselves.

The Media:
If you asked me a year ago if I thought reading was a way to entertain yourself, I would probably laugh at you. Now with my "intellectual" on, I can say that it is a great way to achieve a lot of stuff, including entertainment.

Of course, there are other ways, such as the TV. I believe that Greek TV-Shows are pretty bad, but I can't say the same about American ones. In the US, you can take the remote or your cell-phone, for that matter (yes, there are such phones) and turn on the TV and dive into a world of fun. From police dramas and lawyer shows to E!, if you need to kill some time, you can do so, very easily.

Then there's our beloved Internet. I have only one thing to say to you: YouTube. I don't know about you, but I spend a good 2 hours of my life every day consuming all this great content there. It's like TV only you choose what to watch. There are channels like CNET or different vloggers that make every minute enjoyable. Sure there is also Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Google+, but I'd like to focus more on how to spend time without communicating with others.

Human Randomness:
As humans, we like to unwind, and when all means fail, we still have ourselves. I'm talking about these moments when you know you are acting stupid and you are loving it.

It's uncontrollable and unpredictable and it usually happens to teenagers. I'd love to be able to explain why it happens, but it really just does. From my experience it only happens when you are with friends or when you have listened to a great song and you feel as if you have smoked something.



That's all for today, my dear viewers. Please share. Don't forget to flash a smile today!