Saturday, June 15, 2013

How To: Feel Comfortable In Your Own Skin

I regularly find myself wondering if I'm good enough, or feeling inferior comparing myself with the achievements of others.

If you have been reading my blog you will have noticed my fixation on human psychology. I have made some posts about self-image, beauty, perfection, insecurities and many other similar topics. Today I thought I'd be good if I gave you some tips on how to feel comfortable in you own skin.

 Self-esteem is all about how much we feel valued by others.

Self-esteem is a deciding factor in our everyday lives. It steers our actions and can lead us to achieving greatness or feeling sorry for ourselves.

It may seem cliche, but in order to fight any problem, you need to know who your opponent is.

So you need to ask yourself, what don't you like about you? Is it an external feature of some sort or is it your social skills or intellectual capabilities that you wish were different?

Having identified your main enemy, let's start with the fixing.

Firstly, don't think of what you should have done in a past situation. Your "what if"s are just going to make you feel worthless, which by the way is not true.

Secondly, distract yourself from reality and just dream. Many of us need that escape from our lives. It can be listening to music, movies or simply staring at the ceiling. In the end all that matters is your happiness.

Lastly, take care of you. Start eating healthily and start working out. That can be either running, doing push-ups or anything else. From a biological standpoint, working out makes your body produce endorphins, which are hormones that make you happier. They are your private narcotic and the good thing is you have an unlimited stash of it and it's healthy. Plus, in a week's time you will look fit.