Wednesday, June 5, 2013

We Are

All my great realizations come to me in class. It's not because the class is thought-provoking, it's just that I get extremely bored and so I think about stuff.

Today I was thinking of a meme I saw on the Internet that said "They told me I could be anything, so I became a unicorn" . Yes, I know it is silly, but there is a deeper meaning.

We live in a free world. We have our home, our money, our food and we can make choices. We are free from everything. But are we free from ourselves?

We create seemingly ridiculous scenarios about what we want to do when we grow up. We don't think it is possible. Honestly, it is. We are the ones that limit ourselves. 

We are insecure and we don't believe in ourselves. We think we will be judged on what we do. We say it's better to be safe than to be happy. Are we afraid of the critics?

We are afraid of the feelings that will be created by being rejected. We form self-imposed rules and we refuse to cross any of our lines. We admire everybody who does, but what if it doesn't work? What if we fail?

As long we are content with who we are, we can be what we want to be.

You are who you are, it is what it is. No matter what you think, after a while most strangers mind their own business. 

Make sure you like where you are in your life now or prepare to be who you want to be. 

As long as you are happy, the world is a better place.

 Happy Person + Happy Person= Happy Society= Awesomeness.