Sunday, July 21, 2013

How To: Get Things Done

Lately, I've been having some trouble doing anything productive in my spare time, especially now that it's summer and my brain is slowly melting from the heat. I've been wanting to continue writing my story on wattpad, but I'm not able to concentrate. I thought that there must be people out there who face similar issues and so I decided to do research and find ways to force myself to get things done.

I don't know about you, but I don't have any expectations as a person. I don't expect anything from myself at least. As great as that is - in my case I don't get jealous over the achievements of others - I think it can create some problems. Since I don't expect anything from myself, I don't have the feeling that I need to do something. So I'm unable to force myself to do anything.

So how can I counter this issue? I tell friends of mine or my family to complain that I have to do something. In that sense my pride and ego get really hurt and therefore I can do stuff.

If any of you don't have the same problem, then the issue might lie in the many distractions in your life.
In that case, try being alone for a while, without a computer or a phone nearby. Sure it's not the most permanent solution, but you can sit back take your workload in front of you and just concentrate. Since it's only you and it in a room, you can't really do anything else.

Lastly, try getting into the mindset of a productive person. In every little activity you need some kind of motivation. Do you want to impress anybody in particular? What about showing off? This motivation can also just be wanting to feel content with yourself. Try some music to get pumped up, or talk to someone about a goal you have and declare that you are going to achieve it before a certain deadline.

If you put your mind into something, you can conquer.